How to set up BT Business Email Lite on iPhone and iPad
Then’s what you need to do to set up a new dispatch account on your iPhone or iPad. This will let you shoot and admit emails from your BT Business account using Microsoft Office 365.
Your being dispatch account will be left unaltered and still on your device.
Some of the details of these way may vary slightly due to device or software variations.
Setting up POP email on your iPhone or iPad:
- On the home screen tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Mail.
- Select Account.
- Select Add Account.
- From the options, choose Other.
- Select Add Mail Account.
- Put your name in the Name field (this is what people will see when they receive your email).
- Enter your BT Business username in the Email field (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you’ve registered a custom domain).
- Enter your BT Business password in the Password field.
- In the Description field enter the name you’ll use to identify the account.
- Tap Next. If you get an error message at this point, tap OK.
- Make sure that POP is selected at the top of the screen.
- In the Incoming Mail Server section, change the Host Name to outlook.office365.com.
- Now enter 995 in the Server port and set SSL to on.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server section and change Host Name to smtp.office365.com.
- Now enter 587 in the Server port and set SSL to on.
- Set Outgoing Mail Authentication to password and enter your email address and password.
- Tap Save.
- Your settings will now be verified, and you'll see your Account This may not happen automatically, so simply tap btconnect account to access your email.
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com.
- Incoming Mail Server: Server Port 995.
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.office365.com.
- Outgoing Mail Server: Server Port 587.
- Username: your full email address.
- Use SSL: set to ON for both incoming and outgoing mail server.